fb tw g linkedin pnt

Insuring the important things in lifeCall-Light-Final
We search and compare, you save
Talk to an expert today: 01206 809203


If you own your own home you should have home insurance. It comes in two different types, which are generally referred to individually as they cover different things.

Buildings insurance

The first type is buildings insurance, and as the name suggests this covers the actual building itself. So if anything were to happen to cause damage to the fabric of your home – such as a fire or a flood for example – your buildings insurance will cover the cost of getting your home repaired so you can live in it again.

Contents insurance

In contrast, contents insurance covers the items inside your home. The best way to focus on what this covers is to think of everything that isn’t actually built into your home. For example a fitted kitchen would be covered under buildings insurance, but your microwave and fridge freezer would be covered under contents insurance.

Hits: 17723
Rate this blog entry: